British citizenship / Naturalisation
Applying for British citizenship will mean that an individual will no longer be subject to immigration control. Two of the categories of applications that can be made are naturalisation as a British citizen on the basis of marriage to a British citizen (three year lawful and continuous stay) and naturalisation as a British citizen on the basis of five years’ legal residence in the UK.
There are a number of requirements that one has to fulfil in order to make a successful application for British citizenship:
- Minimum age of 18 years;
- Be of sound mind;
- Be able to confirm your intention to live in the UK;
- Sufficient knowledge of English Language;
- Sufficient knowledge of Life in the UK;
- Be of good character;
- Meet the residence requirements; and
- Provide references.
- We advise on the procedure of applying for naturalisation or registration as a British citizen;
- We advise on the procedure of applying to become a dual national (applicable to certain nationalities only);
- We advise on evidence required for the application; and
- We prepare and submit applications on your behalf and liaise with the UK Border Agency on your behalf.