You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency in the UK if you have previously been granted a visa in a category leading to settlement for example as a work permit holder.
As a permanent resident, there will be no time limit imposed on your stay in the UK and you will be considered a person present and settled in the UK.
Categories that can lead to an application for indefinite leave to remain include:
- Highly Skilled Migrants / Work Permit Holders;
- Tier 1 / Tier 2 Migrants (excluding Tier 1 (Post-study Work) Migrants and some Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrants);
- UK Ancestry;
- Settlement visa holders (spouse / unmarried partners);
- EU nationals and their dependants; and
- Long residence in the UK.
When applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you will be required to demonstrate a sufficient knowledge of Life in the UK before submission of the application.
- We advise on the procedure of applying for permanent residency in the UK;
- We advise on the evidence required for this application; and
- Prepare the application on your behalf.